CUBAN HEELS - Gritbag


 As far as I can tell these guys hail from Bristol, England. The bio info is lacking, dudes. You're too good to let that slide.  
That said, I appreciate that this is The Cuban Heels auto-tweet message:  omg best album ever  because they ain't half wrong. 

This is one of the bonuses of the popularity of The Black Keys and White Stripes ( not that I equate the two. Between the 'Stones and the Beatles, I'd pick the 'Stones .)  Bands are feeling that blues and soul groove again. Hell, even the BKs use a bass player, now. We've been, to a large extent, grooveless since punk rock.  Sure that's overstating a bit but to a large extent The BKs brought the groove back.  The Stripes brought back a bit of the world boogie blues abandon that we hadn't hardly had since Nirvana. Little Walter, Otis Redding, Howlin' Wolf, and Muddy Waters, is their base and they bring a punk rock energy to hard blues without insulting either genre.

Bands like The Cuban Heels, The Bonnevilles, Mudlow, Collard Greens and Gravy, and others are administering the soul vaccination that the foremothers, fathers, sisters and brothers delivered. Each of these bands is making an almost noir kind of Blues. It's shadowy and dark, stylish, smart, and grimey. Just the way I like it. The Cuban Heels are Dirty Sexy Pub Soul Blues.  Put 'em on:

Cuban Heels - Believe I'm Goin' Down: mp3
Cuban Heels - Over The Moon : mp3

Like I said, I don't know much about The Cuban Heels butI do know they get down.  If the label gives me a holler i'll happily repost additional info. If you want yr soul power rockin', you gotta check out The Cuban Heels: