Help RAY CASHMAN Raise Some Dough For His New Album!


 My name is Ray Cashman. I am an American roots musician living in Nolensville, TN. I play guitar, cigar box, and banjo. I sing and write my own songs. Growing up in southeast Texas, I was influenced by an abundance of music. Rock and country were the two mainstays but there was plenty of blues, cajun, conjunto, zydeco and western jazz being played on the radio and around festivals and county fairs.


I have recorded and released 4 independent albums in the last 8 years. One of my albums Texassippi Stomp was on the Grammy nominating ballot for “best traditional blues album of 2007”

I would like to talk to y’all today about my latest project “ Rough and Tumble South”. I have written 12 songs that reflect the region of America I have lived and respected, the South.
These are songs about love, food, music, murder, illicit substance and the yearning to leave small town America.

I have taken the blues from MS, country from TX, AL and TN. Appalachian Folk from the mountains of VA, KY and eastern TN, and cajun and zydeco from the swamps of LA

Along with a couple of fine seasoned Nashville musicians, we hope to pull the musical influences of the South into this album. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to bring this project to a broader audience, and I greatly appreciate your support. Thanks y’all.

I am trying to raise $5000 to pay for recording and mastering dept. I also need money to pay for the art design and the pressing of the compact discs. I would also like to secure public relations and radio airplay if possible. Without public relations and airplay the cd stands little chance of being heard by a broader audience.