Matthew 25 v40: The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me...
Rev Sam tagged me with this yonks ago! I'm supposed to 'Post a collection of 10 things you believe, ethical, philosophical or theological' and here, finally, it is:
- I believe music is, therefore I am!
- I believe I am in a good place most of the time.
- I believe it's time to leave the sinking ship.
- I believe food and feasts, with love, can change any world.
- I believe listening is more important than trying to shout loudest.
- I believe it's better to build bridges rather than walls.
- I believe the veil of the temple should always remain torn in two.
- I believe I am ok with being a servant yet struggle with being a slave.
- I believe I don't do enough good things to help others.
- I believe it is essential to individually do what would make a difference even when it seems everyone else won't.
- I believe complication leads to confusion. (As a muso my amp goes up to 11!)
— At Westminster Cathedral alone, 50,000 roses - the saint's symbol - were sold and up to 10,000 candles. Roses sold for £10 for a small bunch, although as the final Mass progressed they were discounted to £5P
— The Big Issue seller outside Westminster Cathedral during farewell Mass sold three copies at £1.50 each
One desirable aspect of when the tide comes up over the road on Mersea Island is that there is a little window when everything stops for a while... no-one can get on or off the island (via the causeway called 'The Strood' locally) and midweek there is a peace that gently descends, wonderful!
Michael Moore, Oscar and Emmy winning director, implores us to think on this as we go to church. Read his Huffington Post entry here on his take on capitalism, health reform and a guide to what our Christian response should be.
Good food, Good meat, Good Lord, Let's eat. Amen!